Monday, May 12, 2014

Dead Day

So last Thursday was Dead Day Eve.  I get to work and every single one of our buildings looks like a bomb went off.  Beer cans, broken glass and trash everywhere.  My maintenance man spends hours of his day cleaning (and people wonder why we never have time to fix anything) and finally gets all the properties back in order.  Friday night I fully expect more calls.  The phone is silent.  Saturday the same.  By mid day Sunday I was actually starting to believe they were somewhat under control this weekend.  Ha!  I must stop lying to myself. 

This morning we get to work and the place is insane.  Cans, glass, vomit, and trash just everywhere.  there is a hole in the wall in the hallway of one of our nicer buildings.  I can't wait to look at the camera footage and figure out who it was.  I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the fire marshal this morning discussing the 150 people that were in a two bedroom apartment on Saturday.  Now I have been to some pretty fun parties in my day, but that is a lot of people in a very small space, and just an insane amount of damage. 

As I was typing this I just got a text from a tenant wanting to know how much it would cost to replace a door and a door frame.  He was just curious.  No biggie.  I need a new job. Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment