Thursday, June 5, 2014

Our future is bleak

I can assure you my lack of posts has nothing to do with my tenants behaving.  I have just been too busy this week with people moving out and getting the lofts turned and getting people moved back in.  The idiots are still idiots.  Here are a few snippits of my week so far.  I will expand on them later:

**A tenant informs us his smoke detector is beeping and he has the battery to change it (we change them if they are up to high for them to reach.  Some of our units have 20 ft ceilings) He tells us it is weird, because normally he can just throw a shoe at it and it stops beeping,  but this time it wouldn't stop.  I ask him if there are marks on the wall where he has been throwing things at it and he says yes, but that it is our fault since his smoke detector was beeping. Ok.  Sure.  It is my fault you are too lazy and stupid to make sure your smoke detectors work.  Let's go with that. 

**A tenant texted me and asked for our mailing address.  I give it to her.  It is a PO box. She texts back and asks if it should be addressed to me.  I say no, address it to the company at that address.   She texts me again a few minutes later and says she is confused.  Should she address it to the PO box or to the company.  I literally had to explain to her how to write and address on an envelope.  She is 20.  This is our future. 

**A tenant texted me the other day at around 7 in the evening and asked for the phone number for the cable company.   I offered (very sarcastically) to google it for him.  He said ok.  Seriously.  He wanted me to look up a phone number for him.  For the record I did not look it up.  Again, this person is 20.

**Had some girls move into a large apartment on Tuesday.  Yesterday their dad called and freaked out on me.   Because they told him they found a dead body outside their apartment on the side walk.  I also freaked out.  Obviously.  That was probably terrifying.  Poor girls.  They said it was a hit and run and they man died right there in front of their door. . . . . . . . .  Bet you can guess what I am going to say next . . . . . . . . Lies.  All lies.  Someone was hit by a car, were taken to the hospital, and will be fine.  I called the police to get all of this info.  Who makes something like that up?????????  My tenants.  That's who.

Needless to say I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.  I need a break from this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment