Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pause

So last night some kids that looked like they might be in high school came into one of our buildings and beat the bejesus out of a college kid.  5 kids beat up one kid.  Because they bumped into him in the hall.  I am normally calling my tenants names and mocking them for their idiocy, but no one deserves that.  I have pulled all the camera footage and forwarded it our local police. 

I am pausing from making fun of them for a moment.  What the hell is going on???  Why is this such a common thing now?  I just don't get it.  This guy was just walking down the hall and turned a corner and bumped into someone.  You can see his hand go up in a apologetic gesture.  He tries to then walk around the kid and the kid attacks him and his friends follow suit.  It was insane to watch.  They stomped on his head.  They literally kicked him while he was down.  Over and over again. 

I usually fear for our futures based on the college kids who are acting like fools, but maybe I am missing the bigger picture and should be far more worried about what is coming up behind them.  The even younger group of kids.  And the 20 year olds with zero direction.  Is this how they act?  Worse than drunk frat boys?  Just violent idiots? 

After they were done kicking the crap out of the kid, literally, they all stood over him and high fived.  Some other tenants came out and helped up their friend.  But they didn't run off the violent kids.  Some people actually stood in the hall way to chat with them.  I saw one of the guy who was beaten frat brothers actually laugh and shake hands with one of the attackers.  I am sure he wasn't 100% aware of how bad it had been.  He came out at the end as some people were helping up the kid and taking him away.  But still. 

And no one called the police.  No one.  I had to contact the police today.  A violent incident occurred and no one bothered to contact the authorities.  I am not encouraging a tattle tale society.  But there is a time and a place for police.  After being attacked is the time!!!  The kid who was beaten would have contacted the police but he said he was so out of it he couldn't. He did today.  Thankfully. 

Hopefully these kids will be caught.  And hopefully this is just a random occurrence on our property. But based on what I see in the news I am guessing not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment