Thursday, November 19, 2015

30 Days In

Well I have been back for 30 days.  So far it hasn't been too bad.  A few idiots.  But nothing out of control yet.  Here are some updates from the last month:

I had some girls in my office to sign a lease for next year and it was Halloween week. They were so hungover they could barely function.  Questionably still intoxicated.  As I am entering all their info into our system one of them starts crying.  I tried to ignore it but she was slowly starting to freak out.  I finally asked if she was ok.   Apparently in her hungover/still drunk haze she added her mom to a group text and then sent pictures of herself wasted and dressed like a slutty cop in some not so classy poses.  Her mom was paying her $500 deposit for her apartment for next year.  I am guessing that her mom was super proud and super glad that she coughed up that cash for her daughter to continue living the drunk college life next year.  A little advice: STOP DOCUMENTING ALL YOUR IDIOCY!!!!!!!!

I have some tenants who installed a basketball hoop.  (They have 20 foot ceilings and hardwood floors so I kind of understand.  I mean it's not ok, but how cool would that have been in college??)  But they like to play basketball in their living room in the afternoons.  They man who lives above them is not a college kid.  (Why he wanted to live in a well known college kid filled area, I don't know.)  Well the ball bouncing is extremely loud.  So this man complains daily.  I get it.  But come on.  He will text me 10 times in a row.  So now almost daily I have to tell 22 year old young men to stop bouncing a ball in the house because the 40 year old man who lives above them tattled on them and is throwing a tantrum.  How is this my real life?

I will say that many of my previous tenants that still live here seem genuinely happy that I am back.  I might be stern but I get stuff done.  And I think they appreciate how hard I really work for them a little bit more now.  We will see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment