Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Stories are Coming . . .

So I quit my job in February.  It was a crazy spur of the moment decision that followed a fortuitous and very random meeting at the post office.  I bumped into a family friend who was looking for someone new for their finance department.  It took a total of 2 days to make up my mind to apply for the job.  An awful, idiot filled 2 days.  They broke me.  The Idiots of Idiotville broke me.  I handed in my two weeks and took what I thought would be the most magical job I had ever had.

I was going to work for our local Community Foundation.  How could a building filled with people whose only goal in life was to help raise and manage money for charity not be the most magical place on earth?  Well for the most part I found it to be a pretty spectacular place.  But just maybe not the place for me.  I floundered a bit there.  I couldn't quite catch my stride and find my place in the fold.  So after 4 months I left the Community Foundation.

I have spent the summer enjoying my children and trying to make some choices about our future.  At first it was pretty delightful.  Time with the kids.  Time for myself.  No crazy tenants.  What could possible go wrong? Well how about everything.  But I will get into all those fun stories later!

After a series of disappointments and disasters I was falling down into a funk.  My house was a mess.  My parenting skills were not at their finest level.  I think that after three years of managing the morons I have actually lost my ability to function on a normal level.  (Possibly the reason I struggled at the new job.  That I will never know.)  So I have had to set new goals for myself.  Sometimes they are just small daily goals such as I will put on real pants today.  Sometimes they are bigger goals where I promise myself that I will not assume the worst in all humans today as not all humans are idiots. But usually it falls somewhere in between.

Today I woke up and decided it was time to really get my shit together and accomplish some of these goals.  Today is the day I am getting up and getting out of this funk.  I am on a mission.  First thing on the list, start writing again.  It makes me feel better.  Partly because, if I were being completely honest, I mildly enjoy mocking others but mostly because I feel like just getting it all out is better than keeping it all in.  Basically this is my way of warning you to be ready.  The stories are coming.  And lots of them.  I have 6 months worth of insanity to catch up on and a daily life full of ridiculousness that I am more than happy to share.  So brace yourselves... This is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment