Monday, August 18, 2014

Here we go again

Well this weekend most of the students who have been gone all summer moved back.  And the insanity followed.  About 75% of my tenants finally moved in this weekend. (even if their leases started in June.  Can you imagine paying rent for 3 months for a place you don't live??)  So far I have needed to speak to the police, the fire marshal, a number of angry parents. 

My favorite parent was the one upset about the puke outside her daughters front door.  Here is how the convo went down:

Mom:  This is disgusting and unacceptable.  What kind of place allows this behavior and what kind of place doesn't clean this up?  It is unsanitary!

Me:  Mam this is the first I am hearing of this.  I will have I cleaned and I will check the cameras to see who caused the issue.

Mom:  I should hope so this is ridiculous.  My daughter just move in yesterday.  I am down here to get her set up.  I would not have allowed her to live in a place like this had I been aware that you allowed this. 

Me:  I don't allow any kind of behavior, mam.  As soon as I am aware that there is a problem I try to solve it.  As all the students moved in this weekend it was a bit crazy down here.  I tried to stay on top of everything but it was a bit out of control.  As I said, I will gladly check the cameras and send a crew over to clean it up ASAP.

Mom:  I will expect a call back very soon.  (hangs up on me)

I check the cameras and the rest of the story pretty much goes exactly how you think it would.  Her daughter invited over about 150 of her closest friends who got wasted and trashed the entire hallway.  (I have no idea what her apartment looked like in the morning but she must be a magician if her mom was confused about who the problem was)  And guess who puked in the hallway. . .

Me:  Mam, I think you should just come watch the footage.

Mom:  I have no desire to watch hoodlums behave like morons.  Just tell me the problem has been resolved and you will be punishing the piece of trash that did this?!?!

Me:  I am actually heading over to the building shortly to hand deliver the written warning now unless you would like to come and watch the footage.

Mom:  Thank, God.  I expected more of this place with the amount of rent we are paying.  And NO, I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH THE FOOTAGE!

Me:  If you would just come watch the footage, I think it would help.

Mom:  Absolutely not.

Me:  Ok.

So I drive over to the building to give her daughter the party fine, her written warning, and her bill for cleaning the hallway.  The mom just stands there, looking both ashamed and so pissed I thought her head would explode.  Needless to say I was secretly enjoying the moment.  She still hasn't come to watch the footage.  I am totally shocked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment